Hello Red Carrot Desgin fans!
I had a unique opportunity to be interviewed by Terry’s Blinds, a local retail store in the UK. Designer Insights is an online blog that features designers and design enthusiasts throughout the world, showcasing their creative process, background and design inspiration.
Designer Insights with Cary M. King
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Our design solutions include a carefully executed vision, that is clear, useful and expressive.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Our goal is to listen, learn and ask a lot of questions. Analyze the data, develop a plan and present the results.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My wife and business partner Jill. We met while studying art and design in College and have been together for almost twenty five years. She is my soul mate, inspiration and love of my life.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Exploring the Alaska outdoors! I’ve been working from home for over 10 years and I love taking breaks to go outside. Exploring the beauty in nature provides many examples for inspiration. Colors, textures, patterns and more.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I’ve been blessed to lived in Alaska most of my life. During this time, I have gained a valuable education, met my life partner and started a business. My advice, don’t let fear control your life.
Read my entire interview online at Terry’s Blinds website.